Howdy do everyone!
The Legend of Zelda - Ballad of The Wind Fish Alpha01 Demo
The Legend of Zelda - Ballad of The Wind Fish Alpha01 Demo Low Process Mode
(If your computer will not run the game properly such as not responding to controls accurately, use the Low Process Mode download, which runs a little slower due to using less processing power but should work on any PC with half a graphic card.)
PLEASE NOTE : This project is only a month and a half old and I have not been working on it every day. There are countless errors and missing content, so roll with the punches with me on this. It's just a preview demo to let you guys know what the game will be like. This is an alpha release and more of a tech demo than anything else. Everything in the game is WIP and subject to a LOT of change before the final release.
Obviously, this project takes ton of work, and I only have so much time to work on it. I'm well aware of all errors and issues. Trust me, if I had the time to fix everything straight away, the game would be finished by now.
For Controls and debugging notes, press the F1 button.
Also, not noted in the Controls is the 'Careful' button. By holding the CTRL button when walking or aiming a weapon, it is possible to control movement more accurately.
I also forgot to mention that the Hookshot can snag onto Wooden Crates.
*This current build actually kicks your computer into 16-bit mode to ensure that weaker PCs can run at optimal speeds, so this build does not actually look as good as it is supposed to. The game normally runs in 32bit, and the option to run the game in different modes will be implemented with a later release.
*You can actually 'climb' Ulrira's House in this game build to test the ladder/vine climbing animation and physics.
Items (with functionality)
Bomb + Bow
Magic Powder + Boomerang
Ocean Rod + Roc's Feather
Missing / Incomplete Items
Map Areas (Obviously, all areas are unfinished and still being developed)
Library Path to Mabe Beach
Leever (animation incomplete)
Using Game Menu to switch items
Talking to NPCs
Picking up Items
Areas are missing textures and models and structure are still being adjusted and refined.
Game Build Issues
If you get the error message :
"Failed to copy an animation from the model "resources/anm/npc/human_stand1.an8" to the model "resources/anm/npc/model_npc_boy1.an8". The source model has 0 bones, but the destination model has 26 bones. This is not allowed. Please make sure, that the skeletons of both models are identical and try again."
Just hit OK and continue playing. It shouldn't affect gameplay. Because I am unable to make the error occur on my PC, it will take some time to repair, and beside that, the message should be physically impossible to generate.
* Quite obviously, the game script and game events are not implemented yet.
*Title screen and Enter Name / Load game screen is not implemented yet.
* The Camera is still not 100% smooth and perfect. It will take hours of testing and adjusting to get it just right, so it is a long and tedious process.
* Optimizations are still unfinished, so on older or weaker machines, a slight FPS drop may occur.
* Due to adjustments to physics, Link may phase or stick to certain objects when jumping or rolling.
* There is an animation glitch that occurs if Link is attacked while performing certain actions. He may get locked into his animation until he is hit again. This will take a while to repair this so it may not be fixed before the release of this game build.
* The orientation variables for picking up certain items (such as rocks) has not been adjusted, so Link will hold them in a very strange manner.
* Animations are still not complete, some are not implemented yet including 'connecting' animations and T-target-while-using-a-certain-weapon.
* Textures are not finished in many areas.
* Certain Game Maps require adjusting texture maps and retexturing.
* Using Bow with Bomb sometimes ignores the Bow-use button.
* Link can walk off the maps where the other game areas are not implemented.
* The Hookshot physics is not yet 100% perfect.